Oct 25, 2018

The last time I took the time out to sit here I was juggling graduate school, an internship, a job, and my friendships and other relationships.

Today I am a licensed master social worker (lmsw) and I have a career in a trauma-based hospital.  I have worked very hard to get to this point of my life. I love what I do and I don't think I could of been anything else in this world. Many people do not realize or understand the many facets of social work; there is more to it than child protective services. We are advocates, educators, liaisons, and other agents of support. I am now currently working on my clinical hours to obtain my lcsw.

I have Selma now, my german shepherd whose name I had picked out for years. She is a rescue and was found in the woods with her brother as a puppy. Sometimes I think she saved me. It sounds weird but she was born around the time when I was graduating with my MSW, I think somehow and someway we were meant to find one another.

I am also in the most healthiest relationship I have ever been in. My boyfriend is my soulmate who respects me and understands me. I am grateful I have him in my life.

Life is weird as an adult. I'm 28 years old and my life finally is starting to make sense. It's taken a while but I am happy.


-K

No comments:

Post a Comment